Total Pageviews

CHANGE YOUR LIFE,
BY CHANGING SOMEONE ELSE'S!!!

Saturday 11 February 2012

What I Need To Bring

Hey Everyone! So this is a list of everything I have to bring. If anyone has any of these items and would be okay with me borrowing it that would be great! That way I don't have to buy new. I will indicate which items I do not have on the list!


Thank you!


Here is the exact list I was giving! :D



Don’t leave home without:
  • Passport with minimum 6 months validity remaining before expiry
  • Copy of passport (leave another copy at home with family/friends)
  • Insurance policy (leave a copy at home with family/friends)
  • Prescriptions for medication if travelling with them i.e. Epipen
  • Medical alert bracelet if worn
  • Imodium or similar for upset stomach
  • Oral rehydration sachets (it’s hot work) I do not have these, basically they are used to treat dehydration but they are also used to prevent it and are most typically called Oral Rehydration Salts (ORS) and are dissolved in water.
  • Course of general anti-biotic for minor infections/gastro
  • Contact lens solution if necessary
  • Towel
  • Toiletries


    Clothing:
  • T-shirts
  • Light-weight long pants for volunteer work
  • Shorts (in the villages, girls must cover their shoulders and knees)
  • Light weight jumper/sweater for night time
  • Closed toe shoes/boots for volunteer work (old runners are best....very old)
  • Sarong (in Fiji they are called Sulu) – they work for everything, extra blanket,
    beach towel, head wrap Yeah for those who know me well probably know that I do not own one of these :P
  • Sandals/flip flops/thongs/Havaianas
  • Swimmers (girls...bikinis are fine)
  • Rain jacket
  • Rain pants (optional however you may be happy to have them)
  • Sunglasses and hat
  • Lots of socks and undies/smalls/underwear/briefs et al. 

Other Important Essentials:

  • Large Backpack – A lot of people enquire about taking a suitcase but please be aware that we will be on and off planes, buses, boats etc and you will be carrying your own luggage. I do not have a large travelling back backpack, if anyone has one it would be much appreciated, these tend to be expensive.
  • Day pack (small) for island adventure and volunteer work to carry water, sunscreen, camera and insect repellent. I do however, have plenty of small travelling backpacks.... lol I am a student :D
  • Sleeping bag liner/inner sheet (it is too hot for a sleeping bag). I obviously have an inner sheet somewhere however it would be nicer to have a sleeping bag liner.... so if anyone has one of those that would be fantastic!!
  • Water bottle/personal use
  • Sunscreen with min 15+ protection
  • Insect repellent with high Deet content

  • Calamine lotion
  • Torch
  • Batteries 

Optional Extras:
  • Adaptor for appliances if required (same as Australian) I do not have one of these.


  • Bandaids for small cuts or blisters
  • $200 US equivalent – you can change your currency at Fiji airport on arrival This will fall under Donations!

  • iPod and charger
  • Camera and charger This is where the adapter would come in handy I would like to be able to show everyone pictures!! 
  • Small useful items as gifts for the villagers i.e. old sport jerseys/ hats/soccer balls or children’s books to donate to the school. The kids love clothes and toys from abroad – just stuff from a $2 shop. If anyone has anything they want me to bring let me know, and I will bring it along :D
  • The little girls loooove getting dresses. 
That Covers Everything I need to Bring! Again anything that can be donated would be appreciated so much!

        No comments:

        Post a Comment

        Ecuador Village

        Ecuador Village

        Fiji

        Fiji

        Nature

        Nature