Total Pageviews

CHANGE YOUR LIFE,
BY CHANGING SOMEONE ELSE'S!!!

Thursday 29 December 2011

A bit about VESA

What is VESA?
Volunteer Eco Students Abroad (VESA) is a unique volunteer travel organisation. Their sole aim is to provide people with the opportunity to fully immerse themselves within a country through our program of community based volunteer work and adventure tourism.VESA is an organization that works hand in hand with indigenous village communities to create real and lasting change.A Volunteer Eco Students Abroad program allows students the opportunity to make a difference and enjoy incredible moments in some of the most beautiful and remote parts of the world.



What Does VESA Do?


VESA brings together groups of young people and local villagers, they empower students to undertake hands on work for the benefit of these communities, delivering valuable and sustainable infrastructure in the areas of education, sanitation and water supply.
Integrity and respect for the volunteers and the communities in which they work is always uppermost in their minds and they actively seek both volunteers and communities whom are looking to help or to be helped.
Each and every volunteer will have a program tailored to suit their individual skills and experience. This enables every volunteer to contribute their full potential to the communities in need.

Where will I be Going?


As most of you have probably guessed I will have the incredible opportunity to go to the Fiji Islands.

When will I be Going?


I will be going to Fiji from May 19 to June3, Which is a total of 15 days not including the flight times.

What will I be Doing?


The first week in Fiji I will be living in a 'homestay' in a traditional Fijian village. After being welcomed with a ceremonial bowl of Kava I will be working with the villagers constructing rain water catchment tanks so that the villagers have access to fresh, clean and running water. I will also be helping out in the local school teaching English through basic lessons and games and also restoring the school equipment and buildings. I will also be helping to run basic workshops demonstrating proper hygiene techniques.

In the second week I will be off on an incredible tropical island hopping adventure! I will be sailing to different Islands to go swimming, kayaking, snorkeling, play volleyball, fishing and more!

How to Donate


I do not know the exact amount I will need to go on this trip as of now because things like flights, still need to be reserved and figured out however, I do know the cost will be over $3000 !!!
I have see up a account for this trip through TD Canada Trust and I hope to raise most of the trip cost. 
If you would like to Donate there are two possible course of actions, and they are:
      1. You can walk in to any TD Canada Trust Bank and talk to one of the bank employees there. All you have to do is give them the account number that I will give you at the end of this post and they will transfer however much you want into the savings account. If you do choose this option please tell the employee your name so I will know who has made a donation because I would like to thank everyone for their help. :D
      2. The other option is to do the banking online. This means that like another online banking action you will take the account number I give you and transfer money to it. I am not sure if it is possible to put your name on the donation this way so if you do transfer the money and you find that you can't please send me an email, text, Facebook something so I can thank you because every donation is important to me.


So here is all the banking information, TDCT Account Number: 24002 004 03406298220 
The transit number is the first part which is 24002, the institution number is 004 and the account number is 03406298220. 
You should only need the transit number and account number more specifically 2400 03406298220 but its good to have it all just incase. Also for those of you who are going directly to the bank if you go to the TD Canada Trust bank in Elmvale you will only need the account number.....but again it's good to have it all just in case. 


All your donations and support is much appreciated I am going to keep updating my site so check in every once in a while. There will be pictures of where i'm going flight information, schedules and much more!

Love ,
Chrissy xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ecuador Village

Ecuador Village

Fiji

Fiji

Nature

Nature