Total Pageviews

CHANGE YOUR LIFE,
BY CHANGING SOMEONE ELSE'S!!!

Saturday 11 February 2012

Update

Okay Everyone! So I've posted three post's today including this one. The first was the trip itinerary, the second what I need to bring and then this one which is an update!


So basically I've had a few questions about the donation process unfortunately there are no links to accounts on my blog. One, you can't link to an account because of security reasons and Two, even if you could I wouldn't even know how, I'm horrible with computer stuff. I know what child of the 21st century is still baffled by the computer :P


I'm gonna walk everyone threw exactly what to do. Your first option is the manual way of donating. You can go to any TD Bank in Canada!!  You walk up to the teller and tell them that you want to put money on an account, the account number is the one listed on the side margin of this page or if you read my first post on the donation process you can find it there. You can also send me an e-mail I love hearing from everyone! After you tell them the account number you can either physically give them the cash, check etc. or if you are a TD banker you can make a transfer from your account. That's the basics of the manual way, hover if you do it this way ask the teller to put your name on the donation that way I can see who has donated, I plan on sending Everyone a thank you card, probably some pictures as well! 


Okay your second is option is the option most people are going with. It's called an e-transfer. Basically it's an e-mail money transfer. You do this threw online banking. First you log into your online bank account, under the area where you view your accounts there will be a couple of different options, one of them will say transfers or make a transfer etc. you click on that. An option will appear for a e-transfer, TD users this will be under the box asking from what account to what account. Other bank users it's probably in a similar spot, but it will say e-transfer, you click on that link and follow the steps. You will be asked to make a security question, if you can't think of a question I will know the answer to or don't know any specific questions than just use the question Where are you volunteering? and the answer will be Fiji If you are worried about security and don't want to use this question but can't think of one then, Facebook me, e-mail me or call me. However, i am not going to put my phone number on the internet for security reasons so if you e-mail me I will e-mail you my number :D Once you follow the e-transfer steps click send and about fifteen minutes later I will get an e-mail, I promise I will notify I have received your e-mail right away so you can be assured that your money was safely transferred and received! 


Any donations are greatly appreciated, so far I have received $500 in donations thank you so much to those who have donated.


The total cost of the trip is $3480.00. This price does not include the flight to LA where I will meet up with the VESA volunteers or the Flight back, it also doesn't include the supplies I will need to buy nor the money I will need while there. Between Donations, work and what i have payed so far, of that $3480.00 I only have $2390.00 left to raise plus the flight to LA and the supplies. So again Donations will be greatly appreciated no matter how big or small!


On my part, I have been filling out online surveys which gives me some money here and there, I have also got a job which should hopefully give me $1500 by April 1 which is when I need to make my final payment. I am also in the midst of sending out letters to companies trying to get a sponsorship from some of them.


I realize this post was a lot of information so I am going to go over the important parts right now.

  • If you are having trouble with the Donation process please please please contact me!
  • The day of the Final Payment is April 1, 2012, even though i don't leave until May 19 all money has to be in by then!
  • The total cost of the trip is going to be at least $4000.00, 
  • Donations are greatly appreciated whether it's in the form of money or supplies that I will need!
  • Remember the security question if you cannot think of one is: Where are you volunteering? and the answer is Fiji. Unless of course you have one that i will for sure know the answer too.
I'd also like to thank everyone just for checking out the blog. I get notified on the blog for how many views it's gotten and I love it when I sign on and see that people have been reading it and following along. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read what I've said it means a lot to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ecuador Village

Ecuador Village

Fiji

Fiji

Nature

Nature